Thursday, May 7, 2009

KU Jayhawk Punch

Jenny's daughter, Samantha, is graduating from Kansas University - School of Nursing this month! I still remember when Jenny called me, when Sam was born! It just doesn't seem possible that we're all old enough to have ones graduation from COLLEGE?! :o)

Jenny
and Scott are having a graduation open house at the end of this month . . . and Jen asked if I could come up with a mock-up of a Jayhawk, using our SU punches. We'd spent the better part of a Saturday, a few weeks ago, tweaking the Jayhawk . . . until we came up with this. Jeri's Punch Bunch class sure inspired us to come up with this 'lil guy!

We cut out the graduation cap with the Cricut cartridge, Locker Talk @ 1". We used the Stampin' Up! Scallop Circle punch, for the head and body - used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot
embossing folder on the head and the Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folder on the body. For the feet and beak, we used the large oval punch. We cut out the "KU" on the Cricut too . . . with the Plantain cartridge. I think the 'lil googly eyes make it too! Jenny did a fine job, putting all of these invitations together! Oh come on . . . I helped her create the Jayhawk . . . I sure wasn't going to help her glue all of 'em too?! :o) Shhh . . . honestly, I would have . . . but she never asked! (Lucky me . . . 'cause she did a buttload of these invitations too!)

Didn't he come out just too cute? Congratulations Sam! Love you! GO JAYHAWKS!

Thanks for stopping by my craft room!
Peggy

5 comments:

  1. OOOO! That turned out SO cute! It really looks like a Jayhawk! You guys are just too clever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you two did a awesome job. I must say I am not a Jayhawk fan but it did turn out really cute. I will have to keep that in mind if I ever need one for something.
    Congratulations to Sam this is such a fantastic accomplishment.
    Congratulations Jenny you must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out really cute! Congrats to your friend and her daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.....This turned out really Cute!! You two came up with something really COOL!!!!! ADORABLE!!!! Congrats Sam...WOW Sister, don't you feel OLD!!!! LOL HA HA HA

    You guys did a great job!!!! Looks pretty neat!!! Sister, we have a FEW years until our kids graduate from High School let alone college, but anytime you want to come up with a MU Tigers, that would be a hit in our house!

    Jenny, You have to be so proud of your girls! One down and one more to go!!!! (Do you think Jenny will see this? HA HA HA

    Sister, you did a great job coming up with the idea and helping Jenny out! ADORABLE is all I can say to the both of you!!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you come up with these things? Very cute.
    Have a great day.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete