Saturday, June 6, 2009

Farmstead + Quick Tip

As you may know, we're having a fun-filled cousin/family weekend this weekend! Yesterday, I had took off work and we went to Deanna Rose Farmstead! We met up with Sheri, Gary, and Kaylee (cousin) and Katie and her daughter, Kaia (cousin). The group caught two fish, at the fishing pond, one by Kaylee and one by Terry! They were very small . . . but the excitement was if they were 10 pound fish! We stopped off at the barn, kind of the half-way point, and got some ice cream to cool off! Oh what fun we had! It's cute to watch the boys interact with their girl cousins. (L-R: Patrick, Kaia, Kaylee, Nathan)

Today, we have swimming lessons (our FIRST) at 11:30A and then we're meeting up with Sheri and Kaylee at an indoor water park. Tonight, we might go to Science City and see one of the 3D movies! Tomorrow . . . Sheri, Kaylee, Katie, Kaia, and the four of us are meeting up with the boy cousins, Theresa and her family, at Worlds of Fun! The boys are so excited for this time with all their cousins!

Theresa and I were surfing eBay and found Holiday Wishes (a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set) . . . once I saw it, I fell in
LOVE with it. I immediately knew that this would be in our Christmas card! This is just one of the stamps, isn't it a cute stamp?!

This morning, while everyone was asleep at our house, I decided to go downstairs and play! With the excitement, of using the stamp, I failed one important step when embossing . . . to use my Embossing Buddy! It's very similar to talcum powder, but it doesn't allow the embossing powder to stick to the paper. Click on the picture, can you see the difference? The one on the left has a silver haze around it . . . that's the left over embossing powder, that when I used the heat gun . . . stuck on the paper . . . BAD! For $5.95 . . . it's well worth the difference . . . the one on the right, definitely looks alot better! That's my little quick tip for the day!

Stampin Up! has alot of great June promotions going on too:
** Last Chance products,
during the month of June, get your favorite discontinuing products—some up to 50% off—before they're gone forever!
** Get Extra Hostess Rewards,
during the month of June, host a $250-$399.99 workshop and get $20 in additional hostess dollars; or host a $400 workshop, and get an additional $40 in hostess dollars!

Have a great day . . . thanks for stopping by my craft room!
Peggy

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time at Deanna Rose!!!! You have a very busy weekend planned that is for sure!!! Everyone is looking forward to WOF, hopefully the rain will hold off for us to go!!!!

    Interesting on the card...I will say I really like the deeper red with the silver...Turned out really pretty!!! Can I borrow your stuff to make one of those cards..I am sending out all different one this year!!!

    Have fun tonight!!!

    Great job sissy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure sounds like you all are having fun. It is great that the kids are able to get together and spend quality time with each other.
    I really love the card it is a very beautiful card.
    Enjoy worlds of fun tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards! And I love my papers, I haven't had much free time to play with them though :( Thanks for bringing them by!

    Hope you all have fun tomorrow at WOF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you guys are having a really fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete