Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Sunday

I ended up owing Terry (my husband) $1 yesterday! I was so wanting the Cardinals to win yesterday. I was really hoping they'd pull it out in the 4th quarter . . . dog-gone-it! Here are my fellas, watching Superbowl XLIII! We decided to eat in the living room and watch the game . . . we don't do this very often, so it's a little treat!

For a little history, Terry and I dated right after I graduated high school, for about a year or so, until he moved away to college. Our BFF's were married to each other and they brought us back together, 16 years later!

I don't recall what the real name of the recipe was, but I'd seen it on the FoodNetwork the night before and decided to try it out on Terry, for our second 1st date (11 years ago). We now we call "Superbowl Chicken" and have made it every Superbowl since! I guess he must have liked it, because he kept dating me!

To make "Superbowl Chicken", you pound out 1/2 of a chicken breast and spread spinach leaves all over. You then take about 3-4 large/jumbo shrimp and roll it all up together! Take a
wooden skewer and weave it through the chicken breast, to hold the edges together. Season the top of the chicken breast to taste and bake @ 325 degrees, until it reaches 180 degrees (internally). Who would have thought, 11 years ago, that we'd be here . . . married and with two kids! I'm sure Terry didn't! :o) We had asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes with it! Yummy! I think it looks so pretty, when you cut into it!

Let me know if you try it! It really is delicious! Thanks for stopping by the craft room!
Peggy

3 comments:

  1. That dish looks wonderful. I will definitely write that recipe down. What a neat story to go along with it. Sorry you lost the bet. I think a lot people were rooting for the Cardinals. Well, I guess the Steelers fan weren't. You know what I mean! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wanted the Cardinals to win too! BUT...I'm not as faithful. When our 14 year old came around with the hat, I added my $1 and chose the Packers as the winning team. Was sad the Cardinals lost, but got $3 out of it.

    Love that you came to my blog today. Love your blog. Adding it to my faves so I can get right to it. Have good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you lost the bet. I was rooting for the Cardinals as well. Oh well I guess someone has to be the loser. I loved reading the story of Peggy & Terry and look what became of it all 2 wonderful lil boys. My lil buddies.

    ReplyDelete