Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend + December Blog Candy!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Wow . . . we've had a packed weekend, as I'm sure the rest of you have also. Here's the four of us, at Thanksgiving. We made all our family favorites, so we felt the love of loved ones. Funny how the boys taste buds are getting more refined, so they're now liking the dressing, cranberry salad, and pumpkin pie. Oh boy are they!! :o)

On Friday, we only had to work a 1/2 day at work (the day after Thanksgiving we always close @ 1:00P). After work, we drove to Dad & LaDonna's house, to spend some time with them and winterize the camper.


Clinton, MO has their lighting ceremony & holiday parade on Friday night . . . none of us been before, so we drove to the square and enjoyed the lights and watched the parade. Longtime friends of LaDonna's spent the Thanksgiving weekend with them, Bob & Linda, and they went with us to the downtown square too. This was a mini version of the Kansas City Plaza lighting ceremony, but beautiful just the same.

There is a group of 7 of us that attempt to together (we try monthly) and scrapbook/crop. We've decided to have a little holiday swap, the only stipulation we made is
that it has to be homemade. Here's what I've made . . . but I'm not telling you what I'm filling 'em with! :o) That part has to be a surprise for the girls! I just love these 'lil jars, can you tell? I think they're so versatile with any holiday, to fill them with candy, etc. I can't wait to make these for Valentine's Day! We just might have to do something at the January workshop with these, for Valentine's Day! Whatcha think?

I've also been playing with our Christmas card. The embossing folder I want to use has been on back order, but should be here on Tuesday! WAHOO! Here's a mock-up of the card so far . . . I've got some tweaking to do (like change out the ribbon and use the Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder). I used the new Simmer Paint too, that I applied with a Sponge Dauber.
If you click on the picture you can see the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint better, around the outside of the tree. I just love the little extra this adds. I didn't want to cut my embossing folder, so I cut out a tree in the center of some dense foam . . . this way it doesn't emboss where I want the tree to go. I got the idea from Patty's Stampin' Spot . . . except my shape is a tree (instead of an oval). I'm really liking the way the card is turning out.

Don't forget . . . the Online Extravaganza ends tomorrow evening! You can either order directly off my website or e-mail me your order, before 9:00P tomorrow evening . . . either way, it takes about a week for the order some come in.

Starting with this blog post . . . here's some December Blog Candy (for the snowman jar on the left)! The drawing will be on December 19th @ 12:00 CST. So be sure to 1. follow me (on the left side of the blog) and 2. leave comments often! Limit is one comment per post . . . who ever leaves the most comments wins (in case of a tie, radom.org will pick the winner)! Good luck!

Hope you have a wonderful day . . . thanks for stopping by my craft room!
Peggy

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys are adorable... and a great idea for blog candy. Glad you enjoyed a terrific Thanksgiving. Blessings, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, we have competition for blog candy!!! WOOHOO!!

    Sissy, I love the jars, they are very vey very cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the jars they turned out really cute. It looks like everyone had a fun Thanksgiving day as well as at the Clinton Lighting Ceremony. Can't wait for the Dec. workshop.

    ReplyDelete