Sunday, October 12, 2008

CKC-KC

Okay, my friends were calling me a nerd this weekend @ Creating Keepsakes Convention . . . but I have my reasons! Well . . . we started our CKC experience on Thursday afternoon, with the afternoon crop. Believe it or not, we did get alot of crafting done (around all of our "girl talk").

As you may know, I am an avid Scrapbook Memories fan (I DVR it everyday). I do this because of the ideas I get when watching it. On Friday, it was "class" day in the morning and vendor fare in the afternoon for most of us. I got a bit teary-eyed on the way to the convention; thinking about how if my Mom (who passed away in 2004) was still here, I knew she would have been there with us. So although I was excited about the classes I was taking, I was a bit solemn as I walked up to the convention hall. Well . . . I had a smile on my face soon! There, once we walked in the door, was Stacy Croninger (Editor-in-Chief of Paper Crafts Magazine)! Stacy guest-hosts sometimes with Beth and Julie, on Scrapbook Memories. I was absolutely star struck! I asked for her autograph and then a friend took a picture of us! My Mom used to say that "everything happens for a reason". I can't help but think that my Mom had a little hand in my meeting Stacy, to help put the smile back on my face. :o)

In the classes I took, I made a chipboard
accordion book , six cards, and cardstock accordion book. The two accordion classes were my favorite. I didn't notice the trend I had with accordion books, until I got my class schedule back. Luckily they were/are very cute and on placed on my little craft shelf!

Us gals had a blast attending classes, cropping, and of course . . . shopping!
I will definitely be attending CKC again next year!

Have a wonderful week!
Peggy
www.MyCraftCottage.net


p.s. Be sure to get your Scavenger Hunt guesses in by this Friday (October 17th) by 12:00P!

No comments:

Post a Comment