Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Baby Boy Card

Hope you've had a wonderful week! Our youngest nephew celebrated his sixth birthday today! Happy Birthday Brent!

I made this card for a "couples" baby shower, that we went to on Sunday. I "scraplifted" the layout of this card off one of the cards on SplitCoastStampers website, created by Jeannie1862. Can I tell you how excited my husband was, going to a "couples" baby shower! :o) Honestly, he was a pretty good sport about it.

Anyway . . . the new Mom was opening up all the gifts, up until they got to our gift. Then she had the new Dad open a few of the gifts. Of course I was thinking to myself, "Oh great, he's not going to appreciate this card as much as she would . . ." Boy, was I wrong! He was really spending time looking at it, flipped it over and I noticed that I made it! He started ranting and raving about how pretty it was! He immediately started passing our card around, I think it got passed around before our gift did! :o) We later found out that he works for a stamping manufacturer out in California! What are the odds?!

It was the first baby shower, for our boys . . . they had a great time eating cake and drinking sherbet punch. You know how relieved Terry, my husband, was when there were no baby shower games too?! :o)

Thank you Jeannie1862, for the inspiration! Here's a link to her original card, that I scraplifted. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1064228?cat=10590 If you're not a member of SplitCoastStampers, I'd highly recommend it! You can get some great ideas there, when you're having a "creative block"!

Hope you have a crafty week! Thanks for stopping by the craft room!
Peggy
www.MyCraftCottage.net

No comments:

Post a Comment