Hope you had a wonderful week. I don't know about you, but between school about to start and crafting, I'm finding ourselves with something to do almost everyday until the end of August! We're super-Moms . . . we can do it . . . right?! :o)
I got a new font cartridge, All Mixed Up. I purchased this because I thought it would be cute on our boys scrapbook pages. It just looked "fun" for a kids font (see below link to view the die cuts). Although it is a "font" cartridge, I wanted to find something else to do with it - for a quick card.
Here are the directions:
1. Cut 2 - 5 1/2" flower tag
2. Cut a piece of cardstock 3"x 9 5/8" and fold at the following measurement: 1 3/8" and then again 4" from the 1 3/8" fold.
3. Cut a piece of decorative paper 1 3/8" x 3" and adhere to the first fold above.
4. Corner punch all your corners. I used a rounded corner punch, but you can use any corner punch you have on hand.
5. Punch two holes, on the outside edges of the card (on the shown decorative piece of paper). These holes will go all the way through the layers of the card. This is what will hold the outer card together. Place coordinating brads of your choice in the holes. Place a piece of ribbon. You now have the outer card completed!
6. To make the inner card, place wrong sides together of the decorative and cardstock flower tags.
7. Cut a piece of cardstock 2 1/8" x 3 13/16". You could make this any dimension you want. I wanted a bit on all sides, to show the decorative paper. Adhere this to the flower tag, sand all your edges, slip it in the outer card . . . voila . . . you're done!
To see the die cuts of the All Mixed Up cartridge, click on this link =>
http://www.mycraftcottage.net/LVAllMixedUp2.jpg. The flower tag is the fourth row from the bottom and the second one in, on the right side. The decorative paper shown is ProvoCraft Tuscany Scrap Pad.
Thank you for stopping by the cottage!