Saturday, August 16, 2008

Matchbook Card

As usual, I was watching my DVR'd Scrapbook Memories shows, on Saturday morning. Julie showed how to make a Matchbook Card (show #1003) . . . oh my! The creative juices were flowing, once again! I didn't have any small ribbon, so I improvised with DMC floss. Whatcha think??

I cut out the "Thank You" from my All Mixed Up cartridge @ 1.5".

Here's how you make it:
1. Cut a piece of card stock 3"x6". If you want a decorative edge, add it now on one edge.
2. Score 3/4" in from decorative edge. If you have a scalloped edge, as I did, this scoreline should be from the furthest edge (top) of the scallop.
3. Make another scoreline 2 3/4" from the first scoreline.
4. Fold edges in and punch two holes and tie ribbon (floss) through the holes. Once you punch the holes, make sure you can see through the holes . . . if not, trim a little off the bottom (straight) edge.
5. Add decorative paper or embellishments to the front and you're done! This is a great way to use up small pieces of scrap paper too!


This project yields 8 cards, from a 12"x 12" piece of cardstock.


Thanks for stopping by the cottage! Have a great week!
Peggy

p.s. Okay, I went a little overboard on the Matchbook cards?! They're so quick and easy, I couldn't help myself! Just try 'em, you'll see . . . they're addicting!



No comments:

Post a Comment