Saturday, August 23, 2008

Key Lime Crop

Okay, I'm ready for all of you to call me nuts on this one!

You know what a fan I am of Scrapbook Memories. Well Stacy Julian, a frequent guest co-host on the show, started her own website (www.BigPictureScrapbooking.com). Stacy's website sponsored a 30 hour "Big Wig Bash" crop, which was run by Key Lime Crops (www.KeyLimeCrops.com). Yup . . . you guessed it . . . I registered for this crop and actually stayed up for the whole 30 hours! I still can't believe it! The online crop started Friday @ 2:00P CST and ended tonight @ 8:00P CST. I hadn't ever even heard of an "online" crop before! Who would have thunk?? Well these two gals, that started Key Lime Crops, did an awesome job! Every hour there would be a challenge, which you would try and complete within that hour time frame. Some examples of the challenges were to create a card or page with numbers on it, create a page with your best "big" hairdo (saw LOTS of 80's hairdos on that challenge), to create a card or page with scallops, and to create a card or page with strips.

I'm including some of the cards that I submitted, for a couple of the challenges. I didn't win any of the drawings, but it was still a great time!
Here's the one I submitted on the numbers challenge. I plan on giving this to my husband on our anniversary . . . so shhh . . . don't tell him! You can't tell on the picture, but I Stickle'd the diamond part.

For the strip challenge, I submitted two entries:











I "scraplifted" this idea, off the strip gallery/message boards. I just thought it was too cute AND easy!

When they were closing the crop tonight, there were talking about doing another "online" crop sometime in January. If you get a chance to go to either of these websites, be sure to sign up for their e-mail newsletters! This way you're in the loop too!

Thanks for stopping by the cottage!
Peggy
www.MyCraftCottage.net

p.s. I made the cutest accordion picture book, for my sister, during the crop. I do have one more little section left to do. I'll post pictures on Tuesday, with the instructions, if you'd like to duplicate it. The website I got the idea from used a 12x12 paper folder . . . but it made 14 individual little pages. Oh . . . that's WAY too many for me! So I improvised and made it out of a piece of 12x12 cardstock. I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out!
Okay . . . I'm off to bed to hibernate now!! :o) Talk to you on Tuesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment